- What classifies a Provider?
- ATTENTION: Court Reporters
- ATTENTION: Interpreters
- What address should I use on the sign-up page?
- What are the requirements to become a Provider?
- How do I sign up as a Provider?
- How do I add or remove Skills?
- What are the guidelines for a professional photo?
- Customer/Provider Designation – Can I be a Provider AND a Customer?
- What is the radius of available jobs I can accept as a Provider?
- Once I accept a job, can I farm it out to another Provider?
- Is there a required Trade Dress for Expedite, like with Uber?
- Provider Mode?
Provider Tutorial Videos
On The Job
- How will I know when a job in my area is available?
- Will I receive any notifications through my FitBit or Apple Watch?
- How far in advance will jobs be available?
- How do I see my FUTURE jobs?
- How can I communicate with the Customer once I accept a job?
- Navigation after hitting “Directions” upon Accepting a job.
- If I DENY a job request, will it affect my five-star rating?
- What happens if the job isn’t as described?
- What happens if a job runs over the initially requested time by a few minutes?
- What if my state does not charge appearance fees?
- How do I cancel my job if I am unable to make it?
- What is the service cancellation policy?
Transcript and Video Production
- Who will do post-assignment transcripts/production?
- How does the attorney know what I will charge for post-production?
- Options for post-production component:
- My state has a lot of Hold transcripts. Will I be notified if a Customer requests a back-write for a job handled within Expedite?
- Can I generate an invoice within the app for post-production component?
- How does the invoice component work?
- Why do you need my date of birth and my Social Security number
- Why do you need to upload a scan or photo of my passport or driver’s license?
- What are the Provider payout percentage?
- What are the rates billed for Appearance Fees? (Based on nationwide averages for premimum, last-minute appearance fees)
- When will I get paid?
- How do I edit my bank account information?
- How do I get my tax statement?
Who is a Provider?
ATTENTION: Court Reporters
What address should I use on the sign-up page?
What are the requirements to become a Provider?
- Be competent in your field
- Make sure you have necessary certifications/registrations/licenses for the states in which you work. Fraudulent representations will be handled swiftly and appropriately.
- Provide a proper profile picture
- Bank account
- iOS or Android Smartphone (with texting capability)
How do I sign up as a Provider?
To become an Expedite Provider, download the Expedite App from the Apple Store or Google Play, or visit Expedite.legal, click the APP download button for your iOS or Android device.
For new registrations, click Provider Sign Up, then fill in the requested information and click Next.
At the Provider Dashboard, you will enter:
- Enter Basic Information – ENTER THE CORRECT MOBILE NUMBER AS THAT’S WHERE THE JOB REQUEST NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE SENT.
- Select Your Skills
- Upload Your Professional Profile Picture
- Enter Bank Account Info
- Make sure your Locations Services is turned to ON.
How do I add or remove Skills?
What are the guidelines for a professional photo?
- No hats, sunglasses, or headsets.
- Smile! Say cheese! Show off your friendly side by giving a nice, big smile in your photo.
- Find a well-lit location to take your photo. Your photo will turn out best if you can take your photo in a place where the light is even, so it is not too bright or too dark.
- Find a solid background. Make sure you have a solid background in your photo. We suggest standing in front of a wall to help avoid shadows.
- Frame your entire head and top of shoulders. Have your photographer take a few steps back, center your head in the box and get the top of your shoulders in the frame. This is the toughest part, but we know you can do it!
- No blurry or black and white photos. Customers need to see you clearly.
- No face filters.
Now that you have a great profile photo, you’re ready to accept jobs via Expedite!
Customer/Provider Designation - Can I be a Provider AND a Customer?
What is the radius of available jobs I can accept as a Provider?
All Providers are able to complete NOW, Today and Future jobs that are available within a 60-mile radius of their current GPS location.
Below are examples of the Find Provider radius for Tampa, Miami, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
Once I accept a job, can I farm it out to another Provider?
Is there a required Trade Dress for Expedite, like with Uber?
If you receive an error and are unable to activate Provider Mode within the iOS or Android app, please make sure the requirements below have been met:
1. You have added at least one skill to your Provider account through the Expedite Provider dashboard
2. You have added a Provider profile picture
3. You have added a bank account
Still having trouble enabling Provider Mode? Contact Us
Provider Tutorial Videos
How will I know when a job in my area is available?
Will I receive any notifications through my FitBit or Apple Watch?
How far in advance will jobs be available?
1. NOW – Providers are expected to arrive as soon as possible.
2. TODAY – Providers are expected to arrive and start at a specified time that day.
3. FUTURE BOOKING – Providers are expected to arrive and start at a specified date and time, as requested by the Customer.
How do I see my FUTURE jobs?
How can I communicate with the Customer once I accept a job?
Navigation after hitting Directions upon Accepting a job.
If I Deny a job request, will it affect my five-star rating?
Below is an example of a job notification screen. You are prompted to Accept or Deny.
What happens if the job isn't as described?
What happens if a job runs over the initially requested time by a few minutes?
What if my state does not charge appearance fees?
How do I cancel my job if I am unable to make it?
What is the service cancellation policy?
Who will do Post-Assignment Transcripts/Production?
- The Provider can work with Smartdeps.com to handle the production component. View pricing and services.
- The Provider can produce the transcripts on their own.
- The Provider may ask the agency with which they are affiliated to produce the transcripts/videos. In the case of the Provider producing the transcripts/videos on their own, they are entitled to keep 100% of billing. In the case of the Provider producing transcripts/video through their agency, the agency will be entitled to their standard commission structure.
How does the attorney know what I will charge for post-production?
The Providers will receive a push notification for assistance. If you choose to Accept an assignment, you will cover the job. The attorney is prompted to pay for the appearance fees only upon job completion. If the attorney orders the transcript/video, the Provider may give an estimate. This is all handled outside the Expedite platform.
Options for post-production component:
My state has a lot of Hold transcripts. Will I be notified if a Customer requests a back-write for a job handled within Expedite?
Can I generate an invoice within the app for post-production component?
How does the invoice component work?
The invoicing system is a plug-and-chug automated method that allows you to plug in the appropriate line item description, page number and rates. Once completed, hit Send Invoice. Both you and the Customer will receive a copy of the invoice via email (see photos below).
Why do you need my date of birth and my Social Security number?
Payments are processed through Stripe. Our responsibilities to our financial partners includes verifying your identity and confirming the legitimacy of you or your business. Collecting this information enables us to automate parts of this process so that you can start running charges immediately.
If you sign up as a Company under the Holder Type section of the banking information page, you will be prompted to enter an EIN/TIN. Stripe will STILL request you to enter your TIN or full Social Security number in the next field. You may enter your TIN in the SSN field at this point. Your TIN or SSN will NOT be held tax liable whatsoever. It is solely for identity purposes. (prevents robots from signing up).
If you sign up as an Individual under the Holder Type, you will be prompted to enter the last four digits of your SSN. If Stripe flags your account during the verification process, you may be prompted to enter the full SSN in order to complete the sign-up process. Stripe is working diligently to prevent fraud within our system. https://stripe.com/us/legal#your-stripe-account
Why do I need to upload a photo of driver's license?
What are the Provider payout percentages?
Providers will also pay a transaction fee (access fee) of $2.99 on the first job performed each month. If you do not accept any jobs during a month’s period, you will not receive a charge. Basically, you only pay the fee if you pick up a job that month through Expedite.
What are the rates billed for Appearance Fees? (Based on nationwide averages for premium, last-minute appearance fees)
Depositions – $250 2hr minimum, $125/subsequent hours
Hearings – $250 2hr minimum, $125/subsequent hours
Trials – $250 2hr minimum, $125/subsequent hours
Arbitrations/CMEs – $250 2hr minimum, $125/subsequent hours
Depositions/Day in the Life/CME – $325/2Hr minimum, $125/subsequent hours
All languages – $125/per hour
MOBILE VIDEOCONFERENCE TECHS:
All jobs – $100/per hour
All jobs – $50/per service
All jobs – $100/per service
When will I get paid?
You will be paid through our payment processing partner, Stripe. Stripe will bundle your transactions for the day and deposit them in your bank account 3 business days later. The very first transfer Stripe makes to your bank account can take 7 business days to post. Additionally, if you update your bank account, it can take 7 business days to post.
If you have received a payment statement, but have not received a direct deposit by 5 PM on your payment day, we can help. Please confirm that your bank account information is correct in your Provider dashboard. If so, contact us at email@example.com so we can get you paid!
How do I edit my bank account information?
How do I get my tax statement?
How do I refer my friends to the app?
How can I see my Provider rating?
How do I edit my profile information?
As a Provider, you can update your profile information on the Home Page or the Setting Page of the app at any time.
Go to the Profile tab. From there, you can edit.
To update any of the below information:
1. Profile photo
2. Phone number
Please email Support@Expedite.legal if you have any questions.
How do I reset my password?
How can I view my job history?
Will I be notified if the Customer cancels the job?
How do I contact the Customer?
How does the star rating system work?
What if a Customer gives an unfair rating?
What if I get to a job location and the Customer isn't there?
What is the referral program?
How do I refer fellow colleagues?
What type of credit do I receive if I refer a friend?
As a verified Provider, if you refer a friend, your friend must first be fully vetted and verified through Stripe before you will receive credit. Once Stripe and our internal audit process verifies the Provider, your Referral Balance will show the credit.
Each referral credit is equal to an additional 20% that you keep for your next completed job within Expedite. In other words, you keep 100% of the appearance fee that is charged to the attorney through the platform.