Effective Date: March 15, 2018
Please note that the use of the Expedite Platform constitutes your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with how we have determined to handle your information, please do not visit or use the Expedite Platform.
1. Effective Date and Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on or after the Effective Date. Expedite will periodically review and revise this Policy as Expedite modifies the Platform and will update the Effective Date above upon any such changes. We will treat your continued use of the Expedite Platform following such changes as your acceptance of them. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy.
If our practices change regarding previously collected Personal Information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than those policies in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and to obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law, but we will not be liable for any failure to do so.
2. Personal Information Collected on the Expedite Platform
Because we respect your rights to your own privacy, we are committed to our policies established for the collection and/or use of your “Personal Information,” which is hereby defined as “full name, username, postal address, phone number, email address, age, and any information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly without using the Expedite Platform.”
By using the Expedite Platform, you are authorizing us to collect, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Expedite Platform. However, we also provide Users with options and choices regarding how we use and disclose some or all of your Personal Information, as set forth specifically below, including how to access, correct, and/or remove it. You may avoid further said data collection by uninstalling the App from your mobile device and not otherwise using the Expedite Platform.
When you visit or use the Expedite Platform, we collect information about you in the following general categories.
- Location Information: We collect precise location data through the App when it is used by Providers if the Providers’ devices permit such information collection. We may collect this information when Providers use certain functionality, such as navigating to a location to provide the Services, and we may also collect the precise location of a Provider’s device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may derive a Provider’s approximate location from the Provider’s IP address. The Expedite Platform utilizes geolocation features to match Customers to Providers, to update Customers on the status of Providers en route to perform Services, to confirm that a Provider performed Services, and to improve the services on the Expedite Platform.
- We also may use and disclose geolocation we collect through the Expedite Platform for other business purposes, including for legal purposes (such as to enforce our agreements) and in the event of a proposed or actual merger, sale, or other business asset transfers. The geo-location information obtained about a User will be retained in an identifiable manner, along with geo-location data about job sites where Providers performed Services on initial and/or follow-up jobs.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of the Expedite Platform, such as type of service requested, date and time of service, amount charged, distance traveled, intra-User communications, ratings and reviews, and other related transaction details.
- Provider Registration and Payment: To register as a Provider, you may need to provide other Personal Information, including your bank account. To make sure Providers get paid, we keep information about Provider’s bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Providers. To keep your data secure, we do not store your full bank account information number on our servers.
- Expedite Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your Expedite account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
- Customer Support: We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information that is generated automatically about how you and visitors interact with the Expedite Platform, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. When we associate such information with specific personal information, we will treat the combination as Personal Information, as set forth herein.
- Communications Between Users: As an enhanced privacy feature, we use a third-party service called Twilio to mask the telephone numbers used during calls or texts (SMS) between Users (See additional provisions regarding Twilio herein below). We do not reveal telephone numbers submitted on file, although we store any call data, including associated date, time, and content.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including the following examples: the hardware model, operating system/version, software names/versions, file names/versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Expedite Platform, we collect server logs, which may include device IP addresses, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, browser type, and the third-party site/service accessed prior to interacting with the Expedite Platform.
- Third-Party Site Account Access: If you log-in to the Expedite Platform, we may collect your authentication token, registration information, and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the Expedite Platform.
3. Use of Information
We only use your Personal Information for Expedite-Platform related purposes. (This includes the information collected by our third-party service providers, set forth herein.)
Specifically, the purposes of our “use” includes platform-analytics, marketing, advertising, and other purposes designed to help us efficiently operate and improve the Expedite Platform in the following manner:
- to contact you in connection with your Expedite-related activities (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, account verification text messages, push notification alerts, or important alerts that could affect your relationship with Expedite),
- for identification and authentication,
- for security and fraud prevention,
- to investigate potential unauthorized use of your information by a Provider,
- to communicate Service requests from you to other Users, and/or
- to suggest potential Customers for your Services.
4. Advertising and Advertising Opt-Out Provisions
We may use your Personal Information to provide advertising on/for the Expedite Platform. At Expedite, however, we do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other parties or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may also send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about products and services, and we may use Personal Information to show you online advertising on the Expedite Platform, other websites, and other online services.
Expedite provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us and our partners and gives Users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future email marketing communications, or to no longer receive our service. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a Expedite email address, please contact support@Expedite.legal.
- Network Advertising Initiative:
- Browser Opt-Out: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance:
- App Opt-Out: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Browser Opt-Out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
We also use Twitter Ads products for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to Users’ interests. You can opt out of interest-based advertising on Twitter by adjusting your personalized ad settings for your Twitter account, or using the DAA’s opt-out tool above. You can also learn more about Twitter Ads programs at: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405.
You may also be able to change your mobile device settings to opt out of personalized advertising through apps. For example, for iOS mobile devices, go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” Also, for location-based ads, you may go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; select “Privacy”; select “Location Services”; select “System Services”; and deselect “Location-Based Apple Ads.” For Android mobile Devices, go to “Google Settings” on your Device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.”
Please note that when you opt-out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Expedite Platform and/or our ads on other internet websites.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Expedite Platform and use it for any authorized purpose.
5. Use of Your Profile Pictures
Unless we expressly obtain your individual permission, Expedite will only use your Photos specifically for Expedite-platform related purposes, including marketing, advertising, and other related purposes. Expedite will not share your Photos with other third-parties for their direct marketing purposes.
6. Disclosure of Information to Others
When you use the Expedite Platform, our third-party partners, such as ad networks and analytics providers, use tracking technologies to collect information about how the Expedite Platform is used and about the devices used to access the Expedite Platform. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When our third-party partners provide such features, they are governed by the privacy policies of their governing organizations. You may be able to change browser or app settings to block and delete these technologies when you access the Expedite Platform, but that might interfere with the Expedite Platform’s proper functioning.
To operate the Expedite Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Expedite Platform, we may share your Personal Information with vendors, agents, and third-party service providers in exchange for their support services like email origination, receipt/support services, and other user relationship management services.
As set forth herein, we do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Expedite Platform to enable the delivery of our online advertising on the Expedite Platform and on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. The following are examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- Stripe: We use Stripe to process any billing information between Users and between Users and us, including credit card information Users submit. You can find information about Stripe’s privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- Twilio: We use Twilio for registration of new Users to make sure your contact information is accurate and that every new user account in our system is an actual person we can serve. We also use Twilio to mask your telephone number when you call or text (SMS) message another User using the telephone number provided by Expedite through the App. You can find information about Twilio’s privacy practice at: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy.
- Other Users: When you agree to provide Services as a Provider, we will display certain information about you to the Customer who requested the work, including your name, photograph, geo-location, and rating. When you submit a Service request as a Customer, we will display certain information about you to Providers, including your name, address, photograph (if any) and rating.
- Social Networking and Other Websites: The Expedite Platform may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook, Google, etc. We do not share your Personal Information with them unless you specifically authorize it. If you choose to log-in to the Expedite Platform through social networking websites, we may share information about your account with the social networking site. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
- Legal and Similar Disclosures: We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate in the following situations: to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; to respond to your requests; or to protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose information as part of a dispute among Users.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of Expedite assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- With Your Permission: We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission as set forth herein.
7. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your Personal Information is authorized to use your Personal Information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your Personal Information by them.
8. How to Edit Your Personal Information
Expedite provides you with the ability to access and edit your Personal Information: Sign into the app, access the Settings menu, and then view and update/correct your account information. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information that you cannot alter yourself. Please contact us at support@Expedite.legal to find out how to change information you cannot access through your account.
9. Information Retention
To preserve the integrity of our databases, standard procedure calls for us to retain information submitted by members for an indefinite length of time. You agree that we may store the information we collect for this indefinite length of time.
10. Our Security Precautions
Your Expedite profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Expedite employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Expedite staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer or mobile device, in order to protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties, you should sign out of your Expedite account and close the browser window before someone else logs-on. Expedite has security measures in place intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
International. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside; and the privacy laws governing the country/jurisdiction of these computer networks may be less protective.
Expedite takes steps to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Expedite cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. EXPEDITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE SHOULD ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OBTAIN THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE EXPEDITE PLATFORM.
11. Links to Third Party Websites and Online Services
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Expedite Platform. The Expedite Platform may contain links to other websites, charitable organizations, or online services; and we of course are not responsible for other websites’ privacy practices. We advise Users upon leaving the Expedite Platform to carefully review the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information.
Note that, as set forth herein, we do not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
12. Contacting Expedite
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of Expedite, or your dealings with Expedite, you may contact us by email at support@Expedite.legal or by mail at Expedite, LLC, 1497 Main Street, Suite 214, Dunedin, FL 34698.